48ers trawls conversations from major social networks across the web to bring back nuggets of information to access what is happening right now. Companies and individuals can use it to discover what people are saying about brands and celebrities, get breaking news stories and tap the public mood on entertainment and sporting events.
After the jump – what you need to know about 48ers.
The application in a sentence
48ers allows users to search Facebook, Twitter, Google Buzz, Digg and Delicious in one clean and simple to use interface.
Ways the product benefits social media campaigns
- Companies and brands can track what people are saying about them across major social sites from one interface.
- Companies and individuals can engage their audience by using the sharing functionality directly from within the 48ers’ interface.
- Companies can build an audience by tracking what is being said about them in real time and respond accordingly.
It offers “by the second” updates from across Facebook, Twitter, Google Buzz, Digg and Delicious.
- Single Interface: Brands and Individuals can track what people are saying about them across every major social site
- Track Topics of Interest: Individuals can easily track topics of interest.
- Hot Topics: A unique formula displays realtime trending topics from across all social sites scanned.
Small to medium size companies who wish to understand what people are saying about them in real time and wish to engage with those people. 48ers can also be used by individuals wishing to research a particular topic or look at a hot topic of discussion across the internet.
48ers is a free, ad funded service.
Compared to competition
According to the company, “48ers always surfaces more realtime results. We also feel that 48ers offers a more global solution and less barrier to entry for other countries to use the service as the site is so simple and intuitive to use with very little English text – thereby meaning that all countries (irrespective of language) can begin using the service immediately.”
With an ever-increasing number of social media marketing options, brands and agencies are searching for solutions to improve the effectiveness and efficiency of their campaigns. This series reports on significant product releases and updates to assist in selecting the most appropriate tools to meet individual objectives. We recently presented StrongMail Social Studio.