Media professionals fly all over the world for to get the story. Crossing timezones can be as exhausting as it can be exhilarating. To help you take full advantage of global travel but not get bogged down with jet lag, we’ve put together a list of five apps that can help beat the fatigue of travel.
Below, we’ve collected five tools you can use for iOS and Android devices; they can be downloaded at Google Play, Amazon’s Appstore and Apple’s App Store.
5 Apps To Help You Beat Jet Lag
1. JetLag: “Jet Lag App helps to reduce the symptoms of jet lag in an easy and effective way. All you have to do is to fill in your departure and arrival information, Jet Lag App will do the rest! In a blink of an eye you will receive your jet lag reducing advice.”
2. JetLag Genie: “The JetLag Genie helps you by creating a customized plan of action that is based on your specific flight info and sleeping patterns. This customized plan provides you with daily lists of necessary actions to take, and includes live notifications that inform you of the the appropriate times to: Wake, sleep, get sunshine, sit in the dark, take melatonin (a naturally occurring sleep aid), change the time on your watch and take a nap.”
3. Jet-Lag Remedies: “Sitting still for long hours during travel can really tighten up your muscles. A few quick and simple stretching exercises will help you stay loose, supple, and relaxed, while also minimizing or avoiding pain and fatigue. The Jet-Lag Remedies app offers traditional Yoga and modern Physiotherapy inputs. The recommended poses are classified based on various body parts like the neck, back, hips, and legs. Each stretch comes with pictures, a description, and relaxing background music for you to enjoy while you execute the movement.”
4. Cope With Jet Lag: “If you are facing a long plane flight, make sure that jet lag doesn’t ruin your vacation or business trip with this helpful app. It provides simple tips on how to minimize the effects of jet lag, including steps you can take before, during, and after your flight. Learn the dos and don’ts of traveling by air to help ensure your trip is as smooth and enjoyable as possible.”
5. Brainwave Tuner: “Brainwave Tuner is a brain wave stimulation application that generates tones with binaural beats, which can change your brain frequency towards the desired state, be it relaxation or enhanced attention.”