As a hurricane heads towards the East Cost of the United States, citizens are tying down lawn furniture and loading up on bottled water.
To help you prepare for a hurricane, we’ve put together a list of disaster preparedness apps. Be sure to charge your phone, in case your electricity goes out.
1. Disaster Survival Guide 1.0: “This survival guide provides basic information on how to be prepared for a disaster, destruction or calamity. It will help to create a basic disaster plan for your family & every family should be organized and prepared as well as educating your children when Crises arise. Support systems, disaster kits, golden life information for survival.”
2. Are You Ready- Disaster Preparedness: FEMA’s study tool, “the focus of the content is on how to develop, practice, and maintain emergency plans that reflect what must be done before, during, and after a disaster to protect people and their property.”
3. Catastrophe Guide: “How to survive all types of disasters and be prepared for one. Includes preparation instructions and “how-to” for earthquake, nuclear disaster, fire danger, hurricane and flood.”
4. Disaster Readiness: “Topics cover everything you’d expect from a Disaster Readiness guide (e-Book) and includes sections on how to make your own Disaster Supplies Kit, how to re-charge your phone when there is no electricity, how to purify water, and even where to get pills to protect yourself from nuclear radiation!”
5. Disaster Alert: This app can help you track the progress of disasters all over the world. “Disaster Alert (by Pacific Disaster Center) provides a listing and an interactive map of Active Hazards occurring around the globe. Additional hazard information can be viewed and shared.”