Thanksgiving is next week. To help you generate ideas for dishes to cook and recipes for how to cook them, we’ve put together a list of free recipe apps. We’ve listed iOS and Android apps and have included the app’s description and a link to the app for further exploration.
5 Recipe Apps For Thanksgiving
1. Epicurious: “This app from award-winning food site Epicurious.com includes over 28,000 delicious, professionally tested and created recipes from renowned magazines such as Gourmet and Bon Appétit, popular cookbooks, top chefs, and leading restaurants. Features a home screen “Recipe of the Day” widget and voice search.”
2. All Recipes Video Cookbook: “Make recipes right the first time with this virtual cookbook of free, professionally produced videos. Watch top recipes being made step-by-step. Pause, skip, and go back whenever you want. Ingredients are displayed prominently alongside the video for easy reference.”
3. Gojee: “Gojee recommends top quality, hand curated FOOD and DRINK recipes from over 200 of the world’s best bloggers. Recommendations are personalized to you — just tell us what you Crave, Have, or Dislike. Vegetarian, Vegan, Gluten-Free, and Non-Alcoholic friendly.”
4. Food52: “Have a cooking question with dinner just an hour away? Can’t find the right ingredient at the store? Pie crust too soggy? The FOOD52 Hotline app delivers fast, personalized answers from experienced home cooks and well-known food authorities to all of your food and cooking questions. Inspired by the Butterball Turkey Talk-Line, the FOOD52 Hotline is a 24/7 service powered by the terrific community at FOOD52.com. Ask the FOOD52 Hotline and get quick, reliable answers on the go.”
5. Whole Foods app: “Looking for healthy and delicious food? Search Whole Foods Market Recipes for recipes featuring the finest natural and organic foods. You can search recipes by ingredients and dietary preferences such as gluten-free, low fat, and vegetarian/vegan. Every Whole Foods Market recipe includes nutritional information and cooking instructions. You can also enter up to 3 items you have on hand to find recipes using those ingredients.”