Kindle with Special Offers is shipping today about a week ahead of schedule. The Kindle is just like any other Kindle, except that it comes with ads. In exchange customers get $25 off, so the Kindle is $114.
The device also comes with special offers. Here are a few listed on the press release:
- $10 for $20 Amazon.com Gift Card
- $6 for 6 Audible Books (normally $68)
- $1 for an album in the Amazon MP3 Store (choose from over 1 million albums)
- $10 for $30 of products in the Amazon Denim Shop or Amazon Swim Shop
- Free $100 Amazon.com Gift Card when you get an Amazon Rewards Visa Card (normally $30)
- Buy one of 30 Kindle bestsellers with your Visa card and get $10 Amazon.com credit
- 50% off Roku Streaming Player (normally $99)
Is it worth it to have ads for a cheaper device?