Do you have a hard time keeping your house organized and clean? There are a number of apps designed to help you keep your messes under control.
In the last six months, Home Routines, a free app that helps you organize your chores, has ranked in the top 200 in iTunes for productivity apps. Here’s more about the app: “Create routine checklists, then complete them on your chosen days of the week, with reminder notifications to keep you on track, and a gold star for each completed task. Your checklists can automatically reset – start fresh each morning.”
Below, we’ve collected five other free tools you can use for iOS and Android devices; they can be downloaded at Google Play, Amazon’s Appstore and Apple’s App Store.
1. Clean My House: “Having trouble keeping your house clean and organized? Don’t have the motivation to pick up, wash dishes or put away the laundry? Whether you’re a busy mom, a bachelor drying to impress the ladies or just someone who would like to walk through your house without dodging the piles, this single session Clean My House hypnosis app is for you!
2. Clean Freak Cleaning Schedule: “Designed by working parents, Clean Freak uses the “divide-and-conquer” approach to keeping the home clean. Break down your chores into bite-sized tasks, and do an item every day. Check an item you’ve completed off the list, and Clean Freak will show you how many days since a task was last done. Completing all items advances the rotation, and you are able to configure less frequent tasks in the “every 2/4/8 rotations” sections.”
3. Spring Cleaning Planner Checklist: “Planning on giving your house or apartment a proper cleaning? If you are going to do the job, then make sure you do it right. This app was designed to help you with every step of the process. It is pre-populated with more than 90 tasks. You can easily add, delete, set alarms, and make notes, sort, and more. Features include: – Add/Delete Lists- Duplicate Old Lists so you don’t have to start over- Add New Tasks – Add New Items- Delete Unwanted Items- Set Alarms to remind yourself of items you still need to do- Add Notes for more clarification- Set a Priority to items (High, Medium, Low) – Edit the Names of Items- Sort Your Lists Alphabetically or by Priority (Menu Item).”
4. Helpful Household Hints: “Save money and live better with these clever ideas for your house and home. Helpful Household Hints is a treasure trove of helpful hints, tips, and tricks presented in an easy-to-use format. It will help you accomplish chores you need to do around the house faster and better. This useful compilation of practical advice not only provides quick fixes and shortcuts, but also includes some earth-friendly substitutes for common household products that are less harmful to you, your family, and the environment.”
5. Good Housekeeping: “Introducing Good Housekeeing @Home, the magazine’s first-ever Android application. Smart solutions for house and home are just a touch away! The same great Good (Enough) Housekeeping advice you count on in the magazine and on goodhousekeeping.com is now available for free on your Android device.”