Years ago McDonalds used the slogan “Over N billions served” where N changed as the number of customers served grew ever larger. Apple could use a similar slogan for their apps. They announced this week that more than 15 billion apps have been downloaded from their App Store.
Here are some other numbers revealed in the press release:
- More than 425,000 apps of all kinds
- More than 100,000 apps specifically for the iPad
- 20 categories of apps
- Apps available in 90 countries
- More than 200 million iOS devices sold
- $2.5 billion dollars paid out to developers
Apple’s App Store began in the summer of 2008, just three years ago (the iPhone did not have apps during its first year) making these milestones all the more amazing.