Ask.com released a major update to their free iPhone app last week.
Ask for iPhone v2 is here! (Ask.com Blog)
The Ask.com app lets you ask any question in plain english and attempts to find an answer. The updated app gained a couple of social aspects. You can, for example, login to the service using a Facebook or LinkedIn account. You can also choose to answer questions and follow people who you believe provide quality responses to questions.
The major new features in version 2.0 are:
- Improved answers which includes answers from the community
- Items you post (questions or answers) can be edited within 15 minutes of posting
- Spelling suggestions, including alternative spellings, are included in the results page
- The profile section has been enhanced
- Social sign-in (as noted earlier) is available using a Facebook or LinkedIn account
Note: I was able to login using a LinkedIn account. However, attempting to login using Facebook Connect resulted in the error: “Failed – Invalid API Key”. I appreciated the option to limit the LinkedIn login authorization to a variety of periods down to one day.
You can find Ask.com 2.0 for iPhone here:
Ask.com (iTunes App Store)