With the popularity of the new iA Writer app available for writers on the iPad, some of our readers wrote in asking for alternative apps that would be compatible with their iPhones. (iA is currently iPad only).
Here is our list of five iPhone apps that are good for writing on the iPhone.
1. MyWritingSpot: This $2.99 app syncs to a desktop writing app, which is great if you like to get a little writing done at your computer and then a little done while on the go. The app will sync your work with the MyWritingNook desktop app, so anything you tap out on your iPhone will be updated when you get back to your desk.
2. EasyWriter: This free app lets you type in sideways or landscape mode, adjust the font size and it saves anything that is typed, even if you get interrupted by a phone call. Once you are done, you can e-mail yourself the content.
3. WriteRoom: This $4.99 app lets you write on a simple page, which can then be synced tether-free with SimpleText.ws.
4. DocumentsToGo Office Suite: This $9.99 app from DataViz lets you view, edit and create Word documents. It also has the added bonus of a full office suite, so you can use Excel, PowerPoint, create PDFs and work with Gmail attachments.
5. NoteMaster: This $3.99 app lets you create notes that can be synced easily with Google Docs.
Did we miss one? What is your favorite app to use for writing?