CORRECTION 6/1 9:40 a.m. ET: BUZZMEDIA went on a Memorial Day weekend shopping spree, acquiring three music Web sites (PureVolume, Gorilla vs. Bear, and Concrete Loop) and reaching ad partnerships with three others (PopMatters, The Hype Machine, and RCRD LBL).
The entertainment publisher described all six sites:
• PureVolume: a premier social music Web site for the promotion and discovery of new artists and emerging music.
• PopMatters: the No. 1 independent pop culture and music news site on the Web.
• Gorilla vs. Bear: widely recognized as one of the best for independent music MP3s, videos, news, reviews, and for its use of Polaroid film and Holga cameras.
• The Hype Machine: Every month, more than 1 million people rely on the site to help them discover new music.
• Concrete Loop: a recognized voice in urban lifestyle and culture, covering news, music, fashion, entertainment, and politics.
• RCRD LBL: an online destination for free, curated, legal MP3 downloads from the hottest marquee and emergent artists.
BUZZMEDIA CEO Tyler Goldman said:
All of these Web publications are widely recognized by millions of fans as leading music authorities and fit into BUZZMEDIA’s mission of being the leading publisher of pop-culture content on the Web.
Chief revenue officer Doug Rohrer added:
Marketers are looking to the Web to connect with consumers in an authentic manner. Adding these top music sites to our already terrific offering further grows BUZZMEDIA’s ability to provide marketers with the ability to leverage the authentic voices that are defining the latest trends to reach young, social, and influential pop-culture addicts on a large scale.