It is pretty easy to help someone choose an iPhone. Since the only color it is currently available in is black, the only real question is: Do you want a 16 or 32GB model?
Helping someone choose an Android phone, on the other hand, can be tricky.
- Do you want a physical QWERTY keyboard?
- How big of screen do you want?
- Do you care if it has Froyo (Android OS 2.2) available right now?
- Do the various add-on user interface forced on you by the manufacturers appeal to you? If so, which one?
- Which wireless carrier do you use now? Do you want to stay with them?
Google just made the comparison task a tiny bit easier:
You can find the Google Phone Gallery here:
Nexus One owners (like me) will recognize that as that phone’s former web home address.