Hey singers and songwriters! The DigiTour, the first ever large scale tour of YouTube musicians, is looking for a theme song and it’s up to you to write it. That’s right—the DigiTour is holding a contest called ‘The DigiTour Song Search!’ that asks you to submit your best DigiTour theme song. The winning song will be published by a major publishing company. Read on for more details.
The DigiTour Song Search competition was announced over the weekend via a video uploaded to The DigiTour YouTube channel. Ricky Ficarelli and Dave Days appeal to fans to write their own theme song for the country-wide tour. Here are the rules:
- The theme song must be 2 1/2 to 3 1/2 minutes long
- The theme song must embody the spirit of community
- You must not be a published songwriter
- You may not enter if you are already involved in any sort of publishing deal
- Only one submission per person
- Include all of the writers’ information in the description below your video
- Don’t submit any material that you didn’t write yourself (Plagiarism is NOT cool!)
- No profanity! (As Dave Days says, “Keep it clean folks…like soap!”)
You can submit your song as a video response to the video below. No exact date has been given as a submission deadline at this time, but according to the video the selected song will be announced about four weeks from now.
Check out the video below to find out more. Do you plan to enter The DigiTour Song Search contest? Feel free to share your submission with us in the comments below.
Megan O’Neill is the resident web video enthusiast here at Social Times. Megan covers everything from the latest viral videos to online video news and tips, and has a passion for bizarre, original and revolutionary content and ideas.