After reading through a large stack of book proposals, we are happy to announce the eBook Summit Pitch Party Finalists.
These writers will each deliver a short book pitch to a crowd of supportive readers, writers, and publishing professionals–three writers will win a free ticket to Mediabistro’s eBook Summit. The party will take place on November 3, 2010 in New York City at Underbar (W New York – Union Square). Follow this link to RSVP for the party.
At the party, we will showcase the work of these 10 talented writers, share practical book proposal advice for all writers, and help aspiring writers network with publishing professionals (including our distinguished judges). The winners will be featured at our eBook Summit on December 15th.
The eBook Summit Book Pitch Party Finalists
1. The Robin Hood of Harlem: The Complex Criminal Life of Ellsworth “Bumpy” Johnson, a biography by Margaret Johnson and Leonard J. Greene
2. Swing Set, an erotic comedy by Joanna Kadish.
3. No More Tears: A Mom’s Guide to 50 Fabulous Trips, a travel guide by Anne Uglum.
4. The Bent, a gritty verse novel by Rachel Kann
5. The Speed At Which I Travel, an earthbound sci-fi novel by Chris Cole.
6. Across the River: A City Girl Finds Peace In Greener Pastures, a coming-of-age at 40 memoir by Tina Traster.
7. Parents Know Poop: 100 Toilet Training Tips, a lighthearted handbook by Andi Silverman.
8. Once Beneath the Stars, an inspirational novel based on the real life story of quarterback paralyzed in a freak accident by Roseann S. Lentin.
9. The Prodigal Hour, a time travel thriller by Will Entrekin.
10. In Easy to Epic: One Woman’s Arizona Trail 300 Adventure and Beyond, a sports memoir about competing in a 300-mile mountain bike race by Mary Reynolds.