Lean in for this: Facebook COO Sheryl Sandberg is more influential on social media sites than the company’s founder and CEO Mark Zuckerberg, according to a report that ranks the top 10 executives of popular social media companies.
The list, created by influence analytics company Appinions, is based on a social influence scoring system that measures how positively the public views each executive’s opinions and decisions.
Here were the top 10 social media executives at Facebook, Yelp, LinkedIn, and Twitter:
- Sheryl Sandberg, COO, Facebook
- Mark Zuckerberg, CEO, Facebook
- David Ebersman, CFO, Facebook
- Reid Hoffman, Chairman, LinkedIn
- Dick Costolo, CEO, Twitter
- Evan Williams, founder, Twitter
- Michael Sippey, VP product, Twitter
- Adam Messinger, CTO, Twitter
- Mike Schroepfer, CTO, Facebook
- Jeremy Stoppelman, CEO, Yelp
Appionions only found one woman who was influential enough to break into the top 10, but she made it all the way to the top. Male executives from Facebook and Twitter dominated the rest of the list with 8 out of the 10 top spots. LinkedIn chairman Reid Hoffman and Yelp CEO Jeremy Stoppelman were the lone representatives from the other two sites that were included in the score.