Flixlab is a free app for the iPhone that promises a couple of interesting features and functions.
- Create and edit slideshows from iPhone photos
- Create and edit movies from iPhone videos
- Share source photos and videos with Facebook friends
- Combine your photos and video with those of your friends to create slideshows and movies
- Add music to the slideshows and movies
Flixlab 1.0 (iTunes App Store)
Unfortunately, I ran into a problem when I tried to use it this past weekend. The message “Whoops, something went wrong” appeared after every attempt to process a slideshow or video. I was never able to get it working and have not returned to it to try again.
I routinely turn off location services for a newly installed app to see what happens. Flixlab provides an interesting explanation of why the app needs location services turned on:
Flixlab needs location services because it is the only way we can allow you to select more than one picture or video at a time. It is just one of those weird tech things>
Be sure to check out SocialTimes’ web video expert Megan O’Neill’s take on this product and her Q&A with Flixlab’s Executive Chairman Tim Mott at: