The official Instagram blog posted some amazing numbers yesterday.
Here are their numbers (-) and a few I calculated (*) to add to the list:
- 150 million photos shared
* 301 days between Instagram’s launch on October 6, 2010 and August 3, 2011 when the 150th million photo was shared
- 7 million people shared photos
* 21 photos, on average, shared by each person
- 15 photos shared every second
* 1,296,000 photos shared in a day
TechCrunch’s MG Siegler notes (based on a personal communication) that 80% of the photos submitted used one of Instagram’s filters. That’s 120 million photos modified with a filter.