So how many people could possibly be interested in an iPhone app that has some nice photo filters and lets you easily share photos with other iPhone users? A lot according to this item in TechCrunch.
Here’s a couple of other interesting Instagram factoids thrown around.
- It is nearing 100 million uploaded photos (and you thought you had a lot of photos!)
- Roughly 860,000 photos are added each day
- It sends out more than 10 million push notifications every day
- 2,500 unique apps using their API (Application Programming Interface)
- Webstagram (web viewer) and Flipboard users access Instagram’s API the most
- Instagram has four employees
Instagram is a free app found in the iTunes App Store: