With over a billion users, Facebook is chock-full of potential clients, customers and fans for businesses of all sizes. A new infographic from Ambassador takes a look at how businesses are finding success by getting to know their audiences and engaging with them on the biggest social networking site in the world.
The infographic, ‘How Businesses Are Making Friends On Facebook,’ follows one Facebook user, Ed, as he joins the site and begins interacting with some of his favorite brands. Through engagement, one brand recruits Ed as a brand ambassador and he spreads the word about the brand to his own network of friends.
Why is engaging fans on Facebook important? The infographic includes a number of statistics about Facebook users that reveal why getting to know your Facebook fans and engage with them works:
- 1 in 4 Facebook users check their account 5 or more times daily
- Facebook has more monthly unique visitors than Twitter, Google+, MySpace, Pinterest, Tumblr and LinkedIn combined
- Facebook is the most important social media lead generation tool for B2C marketers, with 77% saying they acquired a new customer through their Facebook page
- Starbucks engages close to 80% of its fan base on Facebook, compared to less than 5% of its followers on Twitter
- Facebook is the leading source of referred social media traffic to websites, at 26%; Twitter comes in second at 3.6%
- Every 1 brand ambassador influences 3x his/her online following
Check out the full infographic below to find out more and let us know what you think!
Megan O’Neill is the resident web video expert here at Social Times. Megan covers everything from the latest viral videos to online video news and tips, and has a passion for bizarre, original and revolutionary content and ideas.