The benefits of using classified ads as part of your marketing plan include fostering interaction and community among your subscriber base, promoting retention, loyalty and repeat visitors to your website, and creating new revenue streams through the management of an electronic marketplace between buyers and sellers.
Classified ads offer the convenience of posting directly to the categories relating to your products and services, bring fun and excitement to the user experience and are easy to formulate according to your target groups. Online classifieds also provide global reach as compared to the classified ads posted in local newspapers or magazines.
Alternatives to Craiglist include:
- Backpage — layout is similar to CL with options for Sponsored Posts and paid upgrades that give your ads more visibility.
- Oodle — a classified advertising aggregator as well as stand alone site that lets users link their posts to their Facebook accounts and access listings or edit posts from its free iOS app.
- ByOwner — offers more than 91 categories and a four-step verification process to research and complete safer classified advertising sales transactions.
- eBay — a user friendly interface and sorting capability superior to CL, and ads stay on the site for 60 days as compared to CL’s 7-day limit in most cities.
- Adoos — good if you’re looking for location specific vouchers or coupons. Users can log onto the site using their Facebook account but will have to sort through some spam as many listings are advertisements for external sites.
- Hoobly — a basic classified ads site that is helpful for those who want snippets of photos to accommodate their search. The email address registration helps cut down on spam.
- Recycler: lets buyers and seller swap items through the platform, and is popular among people looking to sell used items.
If you’re looking for a free ads posting site in India, visit Zicfy.com