I’m scheduled to make a presentation to a professional organization on Thursday afternoon. Unfortunately, the venue is a restaurant and doesn’t have a configuration appropriate for a traditional projector and screen arrangement. Here’s what I’m going to try for the first time that day to work around the physical constraints.
1. I uploaded my presentation to SlideShare.net. SlideShare transforms PowerPoint files into a slide deck that is viewable in web browsers including mobile ones.
2. I used Google’s URL shortener (goo.gl) to create a short URL that points to my presentation on SlideShare.
3. Adding a “.qr” to the goo.gl’s shortened URL creates a QR code that will be printed on paper and scattered around the venue.
4. People with smartphones and tablets can point apps like Google Search at the QR code on the pieces of paper and be taken to my presentation.
5. SlideShare’s web presentation system recognizes mobile web browsers and lets people swipe through the slide deck.