The top free iPad app in the Apple App Store is Paper by FiftyThree–an elegant tool for taking notes, sketching or brainstorming ideas on your tablet.
Check it out: “Paper is where ideas begin. It’s the easiest and most beautiful way to create on iPad. Capture your ideas as sketches, diagrams, illustrations, notes or drawings and share them across the web … Paper was designed from the ground up for touch and creating on the go. No fussy buttons, settings or other distractions. Paper works the way you think, like a familiar notebook or journal … Productivity meets beauty. No settings. Always beautiful—like great tools should be. Just pick up a tool and instantly begin to Sketch, Write, Draw, Outline and Color.”
Below, we’ve collected five other free tools for iPad users; they are all popular tools among iPad users.
1. Evernote: Evernote is an easy-to-use, free app that helps you remember everything across all of the devices you use. Stay organized, save your ideas and improve productivity. Evernote lets you take notes, capture photos, create to-do lists, record voice reminders–and makes these notes completely searchable, whether you are at home, at work, or on the go.
2. Microsoft OneNote for iPad: a note-taking app for capturing all of your ideas and to-dos on the go, brought to you by Microsoft Office.
3. Bamboo Paper: provides you with the ability to create virtual notebooks for your iPad, letting you share your ideas visually with handwritten notes, sketches or doodles
4. Dropbox: Dropbox is a free service that lets you bring all your photos, docs, and videos anywhere. After you install Dropbox on your computer, any file you save to your Dropbox will automatically save to all your computers, your iPhone and iPad and even the Dropbox website
5. Fancy Pages: brings together four types of graphics: photos, clipart, text and freehand drawing, providing independent positioning, scaling and rotation for each graphical element on a page. This App is a very powerful and versatile tool for creation of variety of the document types: presentations, flyers, booklets, notes, sketches, charts, etc.