But what does a pirate’s reading really list really look like today? It doesn’t mirror Kindle or Nook’s top selling books. In fact, GalleyCat made a list of the Top 10 Pirated eBooks at The Pirate Bay, and it’s a weird list. Galley Cat reports: “As you can see by the list below (titles, but no links!), the most popular books aren’t the titles you might expect…
1. 1000 Photoshop Tips and Tricks
2. Advanced Sex: Explicit Positions for Explosive Lovemaking
3. What Did We Use Before Toilet Paper?: 200 Curious Questions
4. Photoshop CS5 All-in-One For Dummies
5. What Rich People Know & Desperately Want to Keep a Secret”
As you can see, there are no Harry Potter titles or Stieg Larsson novels. Still, that doesn’t mean that publishers shouldn’t stay aware of it.