Strutta helps brands connect with consumers through promotions on Facebook and the social web, including engaging users on their mobile devices.
It’s platform includes DIY Contest Builder software that allows agencies, brands and web publishers to create and manage a contest campaign as a sweepstakes or user generated content promotion without development resources.
Ways the product benefits social media campaigns
Brands can build and launch full-featured contests on Facebook as a Tab or Canvas app, on a branded microsite or embedded on their own websites. Contest microsites can be mobile optimized. Contest elements can include user content submissions, competition, interaction (voting) and social sharing.
The platform includes Facebook and social media sharing integrations. Users can share content from the contest site via Twitter, Facebook and email using built-in tools. All sharing activity is tracked and logged and made available to the contest organizer to see what channels, individuals and entries are having the biggest influence. Social sharing stats are linked to Google Analytics for in-depth contest site activity logs.
Do-It-Yourself Contest Builder is designed for non-technical marketers. The platform allows for a user experience branded through simple setting adjustments and customizable through CSS styling.
- Dashboard allows the contest organizer to manage all contest activity and communication.
- Edits to all copy and design can be made subsequent to launch.
- Platform handles multiple media types within a single campaign, as well has large media files and high volumes of site traffic.
- Users are able to make photo contest submissions from their existing Facebook photo albums, their hard drive or their mobile device; in a video contest, users are able to submit videos from their YouTube account, their hard drive or their mobile.
- Conversion tracker measures ROI on top of existing engagement metrics. Brands can define conversion goals, such a contestant hitting the check out page, and map contest activity (visits, entries, votes, comments) against those goals.
- Fraud Guard goes beyond IP detection to identify suspicious behavior in a contest with public voting. The Fraud Guard feature, coupled with content moderation functionalities, help brnads to maintain contest fairness and brand integrity, with issues identified and resolved through Strutta’s administrative contest dashboard.
- The Strutta API is available for developers who wish to build a custom site or application without the need to re-engineer core contest mechanics, such as voting mechanics; media processing and hosting; and integrations with existing databases and networks.
- Contest organizers can access the original content when the contest closes (Pro feature only).
Marketers interested in building and extended relationships with their consumers through content and social media promotions.
“We are just beginning to tap in to the potential for these type of promotions and we are excited to expand our efforts through this relationship.” — John Seebeck, Vice President eCommerce, Crate and Barrel
How to Run a Successful Social Media Contest — Guest article by Strutta CEO Ben Pickering on Social Media Examiner.
Basic DIY package starts at $299; Advanced (PRO) package starts at $1999; Strutta API access starts at $1999; Custom Services priced on request.
Compared to competition
According to the company. “Strutta offers an ‘out of the box’ solution that is targeted to those who like to think outside the box. With other companies you know you are using a template because it’s a vanilla design with a logo added. With Strutta you can easily customize the look and feel of your promotional site or application for a truly branded experience. At the same time, the product has a clean user interface that makes the overall user experience unmatched. The Strutta team is responsive and nimble and is always eager to help ensure our clients find success with their social media promotions.”
Post updated October 17, 2011.
Our “What You Should Know” series of application profiles has been helping brands and agencies select the most appropriate tools to improve the effectiveness and efficiency of their campaigns. Need help measuring or monetizing your social media activities? Check out dozens of additional apps in the series archives – one is bound to come to your rescue!
Neil Glassman is principal marketing strategist at WhizBangPowWow, where he delivers malarky-free social, digital and linear media solutions. Join his conversation on Twitter or email Neil to talk about marketing or swap recipes.