Square Mobile Credit Card Transactions on Track for $1 Billion Per Year

Square is the company that provides a free credit card reader for a Android, iPhone or iPad. Its service and free app lets you accept credit card payments without a merchant account monthly fees. So, how’s this working out? TechCrunch reports that:

Square Now Processing $4 Million In Mobile Payments Per Day

A little arithmetic will tell you that this is over $1 billion a year. And, Square’s transaction rate is on the upswing. They reported $3 million per day in payments just a few months ago in May. However, the math is a bit shaky based on Square’s own reports. The $4 million per day in payments milestone was reported in late June. However, Square reported “over $100 million in transactions in July.” This works out to $3.3 million per day. A good number to be sure but not “near $4 million per day.” TechCrunch notes that the $4 million per day mark was eclipsed in July.

Square’s COO told TechCrunch the company expects to see about $200 million in transactions in October. This works out to about $6.66 million per day.

iOS devices account for 69% of the transactions. The remaining 31% comes from Android devices.

Related Stories
Mediabistro Course

Instagram Marketing

Instagram MarketingStarting October 27, learn how to gain likes and followers on one of the most popular social media platforms! In this course, you'll learn how to develop an Instagram strategy that will make your profile stand out and gain new followers, tell a brand story through photos, and use your Instagram profile to drive your sales and business objectives. Register now!