Google will sell Facebook ads. Twitter’s #Music app might disappear. These stories and more in today’s Morning Social Media Newsfeed.
Initial Data Results from Twitter on the 65th Annual Emmy Awards (LostRemote)
Twitter has already released data from Sunday night’s 65th Annual Emmy Awards, hosted by Neil Patrick Harris. “Breaking Bad” took home Best Drama to fan’s delight shortly after the show concluded its second to last episode.
As Nokia today debuted its Lumia 1020, the flagship phone for the Windows 8 mobile operating system, several social networks simultaneously announced that they would launch Windows apps.
Google Reader Goes Away Today. Here’s What You Need to Do Now (VentureBeat)
You can’t say you haven’t been warned: Google announced in March that it would be shutting down Google Reader, its popular RSS newsfeed reader, on July 1. Heads up: Today is July 1, and you won’t be able to access the site anymore.
Taking advantage of Google’s beta testing tool launched at the I/O conference earlier this year, Facebook is now offering every Android user the ability to try out the new version of its Android app early. This will help the social network correct any issues with the app before launching to the general public.
Flipboard, an app that allows users to read the content that has been shared in their social networks, launched an iOS update today that delivers on an earlier promise to import users’ Google Reader RSS subscriptions and adds additional ways of sharing content to social networks from the app.
Branch, a project of Obvious Corp., today launched Potluck, a link-sharing service that aims to support communities of shared interests, rather than online personae.
Facebook is developing a social reader app like Flipboard, according to a Wall Street Journal report citing anonymous sources.
MyPermissions, an Israeli Web and mobile app company, today launched a Trust Certification program that requires app developers flagged by its users for good privacy practices to sign a legally binding agreement not to share personally identifiable information about users with third parties.
LinkedIn Acquires Pulse News Reader and Publishing Platform for $90 Million (SocialTimes)
In a move to make LinkedIn “the definitive professional publishing platform,” the company has acquired Pulse, the makers of a news reader and mobile content distribution platform. The company sold for approximately $90 million, 90 percent of which will be stock; the remaining 10 percent will be cash, according to LinkedIn.