Google+, the social extension of Google, has circled its way into our hearts (and our other Google accounts) to become one of the world’s top social networks. But who’s on it right now and, more importantly, which profiles are exploding with activity?
Starting this week, SocialTimes will bring you the week’s 9 most engaging people and pages on Google+. They’ve been ranked, explained, and sorted into a helpful chart that’s powered by our analytics tool, GPlusData. As of October 22, 2012, the top 9 are:
- Tom Anderson: The co-founder of MySpace posts pictures from his travels around the world.
- Ashley Tisdale: The Disney star shares inspirational messages like last week’s “Five Simple Rules for Happiness.”
- Ubisoft: The maker of popular video games such as “Assassin’s Creed,” “Just Dance,” and “Ghost Recon” watched Felix Baumgartner break the world freefall record.
- Red Bull: The beverage company sponsored Felix Baumgartner’s space dive.
- Yuko Oshima: Singer in the Japanese girl group AKB48, which will release its new single, “UZA” on Oct. 31.
- Mike Shaw: The UK-based photographer posts stunning photos and poems.
- The Hunger Games: The Lionsgate film is ranked first in movie pages by number of followers and +1s.
- Android: Google just released its Calendar app for Ice Cream Sandwich (4.0.3+) and Jellybean devices.
- BMW: The BMW M3 won the DTM 2012 Championship on Sunday.
We measure engagement by the number of comments, shares, and +1s in proportion to the number of people who have the profiles in their circles.