This week’s recommended children’s app is an award winning app from Tinybop. Appropriately called The Human Body, the app’s unique graphics and wonderful animations are perfect for children or adults who want to explore various bodily functions. There are also downloadable PDF handbooks with additional activities to help your child explore their own anatomical behaviors.
• Six interactive, animated layers of the body teach basic human anatomy including the skeletal, muscular, nervous, circulatory, respiratory, and digestive systems
• A detailed interactive heart, brain, eye, stomach, mouth, and much more.
• A recording mode that enables kids and parents to ask each other questions
• Parents Dashboard enabling you to view, save, and share conversations with your kids
• Easily switch between text labels in up to 51 languages!
• Free downloadable app handbook with tips for interactivity and additional resources
• Smart device features include: front camera to demonstrate vision, microphone to show how hearing works, photo and music libraries are accessed to demonstrate brain function, device orientation shows the effect of gravity on the body
• Intuitive, safe, and kid-friendly interface
• Multi-user system, each child can choose and name their own body avatar from one of four characters
• Original artwork and sound design
• Fun for all ages, from toddlers to adults
• No rules or levels, curiosity is rewarded
• No marketing or advertising to kids
• A 7th system, the urogenital system, is available through in-app purchase via the parent’s section
What children’s apps do you recommend? Please add it to our Recommended Apps for Kids directory. To share an app, fill out our simple form below. Once you complete it, your app suggestion will be stored in our growing database of great apps for kids. We will use this directory to plan features and share new digital tools with our readers. You can also download an Excel version of the directory to sort the results for yourself.