Did you know that approximately 340,000 years worth of online video are watched every day? Does it surprise you that 500 video links are tweeted out every minute? BoT Videos has put together an awesome explainer video, chock full of surprising statistics about YouTube and the worth of online video.
The video, entitled ‘What’s a VIDEO worth?’ is designed to show just how big online video has become, how big it is expected to grow and why brands would be remiss not to hop on the online video bandwagon. Just a few of the statistics that companies and brands will find hard to ignore in the video are as follows:
- 68% of viewers share video links (and sharing means more promotion for your brand!)
- More than 50% of the videos on YouTube have been rated or include comments from the community (which means a brand new way to engage with your customers!)
- Having a video on the landing page of your website makes it 53% more likely to show up on the first page of a Google search (and who doesn’t like higher ranking in search results?)
- The average user’s visit to a text and image-based website lasts only 43 seconds; for a website with video, the average visit lasts 5 minutes and 50 seconds (ding! ding! ding!)
- Customers that watch videos of products or services are 85% more likely to make a purchase (ka-ching!)
Still not convinced? Check out the video below for more stats about online video and let us know what you think in the comments below.
Megan O’Neill is the resident web video enthusiast here at Social Times. Megan covers everything from the latest viral videos to online video news and tips, and has a passion for bizarre, original and revolutionary content and ideas.