Vimeo fans, the official Vimeo iPhone App has finally arrived. Vimeo announced the launch earlier today on the Vimeo Blog saying, “The Vimeo iPhone app is now live, and it’s a doozy!” And they aren’t lying–it certainly is a doozy. The new app not only allows you to watch Vimeo videos from your iPhone, but it also puts the entire Vimeo experience in the palm of your hand, and more – including a video editor!
Check out the video below to see what the new app looks like, then read on to find out more about the features.
According to the Vimeo Blog, the new Vimeo iPhone app includes the following features, in addition to the traditional features like watching, liking and commenting on videos:
- Users can watch all of their existing Vimeo videos, as well as download them directly to their camera roll
- Users can easily upload their raw footage or edited videos to Vimeo directly from their phone, in HD or SD
- Pause and resume uploads and receive reminders when a video is paused
- Replace existing videos
- Edit your video titles, descriptions, tags, privacy and credits
- Share videos via Facebook, Twitter, Tumblr, WordPress, Email or SMS
- Add your clips to Channels, Albums and Groups on Vimeo
- Check out video stats, including daily plays, likes and comments
But that’s not all. The Vimeo iPhone app also includes an easy-to-use video editor. The editor lets users capture video with grid alignment and focus control; edit, combine and trim captured footage; add titles, transitions and effects; add music; edit sound levels; and save videos to your iPhone or upload them to Vimeo.
According to the Vimeo blog, “This is just the beginning, we’ll be bringing you regular updates with feature improvements. Search, AirPlay support, more effects and any other features you suggest are on the way.” iPad and Android apps are on the way as well. I, for one, can’t wait to see how the Vimeo iPhone app will grow and evolve. It sounds amazing as it is already, and I am excited to see all of the creative videos shot, edited and uploaded entirely on the iPhone that we will be seeing as a result of this new app. Oh, and here’s the real deal closer – it’s free!
What do you think? Will you be using the Vimeo app on your iPhone?